- Sliced jack fruit pieces – 250 gms.
- Salt – According to taste.
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp.
- Indian five spice or paanchphoran – 1 tsp.
- Asafoetida or Hing – A pinch.
- Black or yellow mustard powder – 2 tsp.
- Coriander and Cumin powder (slightly roasted and powdered) – 2 tsp.
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
- Indian five spice or paanchphoran (roasted and powdered) – 1 tsp.
- Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Synthetic vinegar – 1 tbsp.
Step 1 – Firstly select the right jackfruit. It means you should not select an extremely mature jackfruit for making pickle.
Step 2 -Wash and boil the veggie.But point to be noted is the veggie should not be half boiled.It needs to be just slightly boiled or softened and it means that it will be boiled less than half.
Step 3 – After this dry it very nicely and scrape and cut it into bite -sized pieces.
Step 4 – After this add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder,asafoetida, a splutter of Indian five spice or paanchphoran, roasted coriander-cumin powder , some mustard powder , and some powdered and roasted Indian five spice powder.
Step 5 – Then add mustard oil and lastly put synthetic vinegar.
Step 6 – After this mix them all up and put them in direct sunlight for 5 days .The pickle will be ready thus.
On this note I end my recipe.I hope you will all try it and like it.Please share your comments and feedback and ask any thing doubtful.This veggie-turned pickle recipe will sure delight your senses and end your quest of finding delicious taste.Till then have a great weekend friends.