- Tangy ripe lemon – 250 gms.
- Salt – According to taste.
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp.
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp.
- Hing – A pinch.
- Roasted and powdered Indian five spice or paanchphoran – 1 tsp.
- Pickle or Achar masala – 1 tsp.
- Mustard oil – 2 tbsp.
- Synthetic vinegar – 1 tbsp.
- Black salt – A pinch.
- Yellow mustard powder – 1 tsp.
Step 1-Wash, wipe dry and cut the ripe lemons.
Step 2- Next add the given amount of white salt and black salt.
Step 3– Then add asafoetida, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, yellow mustard powder.
Step 4-Then add roasted and powdered Indian five spice or paanchphoran and some pickle masala.
Step 5-Next add mustard oil not enough to immerse lemons fully in it but in mediocre amount.
Step 6-Lastly mix some vinegar and give everything a big good mix.Now pickle needs to be put in sunlight.
On this note I end my recipe here.I hope you will give your time and interest in trying this recipe at home and do share your comments and feedback.Also ask queries if any.It’s a great recipe as it helps in digestion,is equally tasty and does not engage you for long.Have a great weekend and do try this recipe at home as it will be fun.Happy pickling folks!!