- Gooseberry or amla – 250 gm.
- Black mustard (powdered) – 2 tbsp.
- Indian Five Spice or Panchphoran roasted and powdered – 1 tbsp.
- Hing – A Pinch.
- Salt – According to taste.
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp.
- Black salt – A pinch.
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
- Dry mango or Amchoor powder – A pinch.
- Mustard oil – 1 tbsp.
- Vinegar – 2 tbsp.
Step 1 – Wash the gooseberries and slightly blanch them .
Step 2 – Then make perforations in the gooseberries.
Step 3 – After blanching them dry them up totally and add salt-both black and white, turmeric powder, black mustard powder, roasted Indian Five Spice or Panchphoran powder, asafoetida, red chilli powder, dry mango powder.
Step 4 – Lastly add mustard oil and slight vinegar to it and mix them all up.Then we will put the jar in sunlight.We must put the pickle in sunlight for at least five days after which it becomes ready to eat and use.
Please try the recipe and share your comments and feedback and do ask queries if any.Have a great weekend friends and happy cooking!!