- Small variety onions – 250 gms.
- Salt – According to taste.
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp.
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
- Yellow mustard powder – 1tsp.
- Roasted and powdered cumin -coriander powder – 2 tsps.
- Roasted and powdered Indian five-spice or Paanchphoran powder – 1 tsp.
- Synthetic vinegar – 5 tbsp.
- Mustard oil – 1 tsp.
Step 1 – Scrape,cut the ends and wash the onions.
Sep 2 – Take a bowl and put onions in it and add the masalas namely,salt,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,yellow mustard powder,roasted and powdered coriander-cumin powder,powdered Five Spice,synthetic vinegar and some mustard oil.Give all a good mix and put it in sunlight for ten days.A point to be noted here is that amount of vinegar is more than mustard oil as pickle gets cooked or pickled in vinegar and when it becomes softer it is ready.
Do try making this pickle at home.It is handy,tasty and very easy.I personally adore this pickle as it is an ideal item to pair with chapatis and breads and nothing else is needed with it if you are feeling like a lazy bone in the moment.I keep an extra bottle of this pickle ready in my cupboard and can’t do without it.I think its a very special-tasting and creative recipe which most of you will like.Share your comments and feedback and also get your queries solved.Thanks.Have a great time everybody.Till then,happy pickling!!