- Yam – 250 gm.
- Salt – According to taste.
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp.
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp.
- Yellow mustard powder – 2 tbsp.
- Whole Five Spice or Paanchphoran – 2 tsp.
- Roasted coriander-cumin powder – 2 tsp.
- Black salt – 1 tsp.
- Five Spice or paanchphoran roasted and powdered – 1 tsp.
- Asafoetida or Hing – A pinch.
- Mustard oil – 1 tbsp.
- Vinegar – 3 tbsp.
Step 1– Scrape and wash our yam and then cut it into small bite sized pieces.
Step 2-After wiping the water on it add salt,turmeric,red chilli powder ,yellow mustard powder ,roasted (just a little bit)coriander-cumin powder, whole Indian five spice or paanchphoran, black salt ,slight roasted and powdered five spice and asafoetida powder.
Step 3-Now mix them and add mustard oil and mix again .Lastly add some synthetic vinegar and give all a final mix .Now keep the pickle in a jar and keep it covered for 2 days after which put it in sunlight.It will be ready in 15 days.
Do try the recipe at home and share your feedback and comments.Also ask your queries if any.Thanks.Enjoy the weekend!!!