MANGO AND WHOLE BENGAL GRAM PICKLE
Hello friends. Today I am going to make a very easy and tasty recipe called Mango and Whole Bengal Gram or Kala Chana Pickle. It is made using simple ingredients and goes easy on your health too. We cannot imagine Indian summers without our desi mango pickles. So let us start—
- Raw mango – 1/2 kg
- Whole Bengal gram pickle – 100 gms
- Salt – according to taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder-2 tsp
- Yellow Mustard Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Roasted and powdered Indian five spices or paanchphoran powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pickle masala or Achar masala (which is made of Fenugreek seeds, Mustard seeds, Red chillies and Asafoetida or Hing)
- Asafoetida – A pinch
- Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – enough to cover the pickle or 3 tbsp
Soak the Whole Bengal Gram or Kala Chanas in vinegar overnight.
Wash, dry, scrape and cut our mangoes into bite-sized pieces.
Now we will add our soaked chanas to the bowl containing the cut mangoes.
Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, yellow mustard powder, roasted panch phoran powder, hing, pickle masala, mustard oil and vinegar and give everything a good mix.
Put the pickle in sunlight for ten days after which it becomes ready to be used. It can be best eaten with rice, dal, paranthas, rotis, dosai. It has a shelf life of one year.
Do try this recipe at home and share your comments and feedback. Get your queries resolved. Thanks. Have a great week. Enjoy it well.