- Sponge Gourd – 1 kg.
- Split Bengal gram(soaked for 3 hours) – 2 tbsp.
- Onions (big,finely chopped) – 2
- Five Spices(for tempering) – 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp.
- Whole Red Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp.
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp.
- Salt – According to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp.
- Chopped Coriander leaves – for garnish.
Step 1 – Scrape and wash the sponge gourd.Cut it in small pieces.
Step 2 – Heat a heavy bottom vessel and add the vegetable oil to it.Add the five spices and when the oil crackles add the whole red chilli flakes and add the onions.
Step 3 – Half-fry the onions and add the cut sponge gourd and soaked split bengal gram to it.Now add salt and turmeric powder to it and adding a little bit of water(1/2 cup)cover the vessel and let it cook on medium flame.
Step 4 – When the water lessens add the garam masala and cook the vegetables till they get dry.
Step 5 – Garnish the vegetables with chopped coriander.Serve it with main course.
Do try the recipe at home.Share your feed backs and comments.Have a great week everyone.Till then happy cooking,healthy living!