Mashed Brinjals With Flaxseed
Hello dear friends. Welcome to my cosy corner again. As we all know flaxseed is considered one of the most powerful plant foods on the planet. It helps to reduce diabetes, cholesterol, stroke, breast cancer, heart disease and contains rich amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, lignans, and fibres. Today I am sharing with you all a very uncommon, unique and traditional recipe of my hometown, Mashed Brinjals With Flaxseed. It is simple, healthy, totally oil free and I hope you will like it and make it sometimes in your kitchens. So the recipe is as follows:—-
- Brinjal – 2
- Homemade Flaxseed Powder – 150 gms(refer to my blog on pumpkin and flaxseed curry)
- Green Chillies – 2
- Lemon Juice – 3 Tsp
- Salt – According to taste
- Mustard Oil – 2 Tsp
- Coriander Leaves – Optional
Wash and slit the brinjals in half without cutting them. Pressure cook the brinjals for five minutes and two whistles.
Now drain the brinjals very properly ensuring there is no water left in them and mash them with a masher. Chop the green chillies and coriander leaves.
Take a bowl. Add the mashed brinjals. Next add in the salt, green chillies, lemon juice, mustard oil and coriander leaves and give all a good mix.
Our Brinjal With Flax Seed Bharta is done. Serve it with steamed boiled rice, dal tadka and some fried or shallow-fried veggies.
Friends do try the recipe at home. Share your comments and feedback. Have a great week everyone. Till then healthy cooking, happy living!!!
FRUIT RAITA WITH FLAXSEED
Hello and welcome everyone to my corner again. Today I’m sharing with you a simple yoghurt-based dish which has lots of fruits and the goodness of flaxseed also and is fun to eat. So let’s start with it—
- Yoghurt – 300 gms.
- Fruits(chopped)like Mango, Apple, Banana, Custard Apple, pineapple, Ripe Papaya, Pear, Guava, etc – 1 big bowl.
- Salt -A pinch.
- Rock Salt – A pinch.
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Roasted and Powdered Cumin-1/2 tsp.
- Roasted and powdered Flax(which also has some whole coriander and dry red chilly)- 1 tbsp.
- Honey – According to taste.
Take the yoghurt in a bowl. Add the chopped fruits, both kinds of salts, red chilly powder, the roasted cumin, the roasted flax and mix everything well. Add some honey. Refrigerate it. Serve chilled.
Our Flax Seed Fruit Raita is ready. It can be served with main course and works as a good appetiser.
Note point –1. Use fresh and thick yoghurt for better results.
2. You can use any kind of fruits of your choice. You can also add cherries, blueberries etc to it.
3. To make the roasted flax powder, firstly we need to take some whole flax seed, some whole coriander, and one or two dry red chillies and roast them and then grind them finely.
Do try this recipe at home. Share your comments and feedback and get doubts clarified. I hope you all will like this recipe as it is so easy, tasty and healthy and so much an integral part of everyone’s diet. It works as an appetiser too. Have a great week everyone. Till then healthy cooking, happy living!