- Yoghurt – 300 gms.
- Fruits(chopped)like Mango, Apple, Banana,Custard Apple, pineapple, Ripe Papaya, Pear, Guava, etc – 1 big bowl.
- Salt -A pinch.
- Rock Salt – A pinch.
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Roasted and Powdered Cumin-1/2 tsp.
- Roasted and powdered Flax(which also has some whole coriander and dry red chilly)- 1 tbsp.
- Honey – According to taste.
Step 1– Take the yoghurt in a bowl. Add the chopped fruits, both kinds of salts, red chilly powder, the roasted cumin, the roasted flax and mix everything well. Add some honey. Refrigerate it. Serve chilled.
Our flax seed fruit raita is ready. It can be served with main course and works as a good appetiser.
Notes –1.Use fresh and thick yoghurt for better results.
2.You can use any kind of fruits of your choice.You can also add cherries, blue berries etc to it.
3.To make the roasted flax powder, firstly we need to take some whole flax seed, some whole coriander, and one or two dry red chillies and roast them and then grind them finely.
Do try this recipe at home. Share your comments and feedback and get doubts clarified. I hope you all will like this recipe as it is so easy, tasty and healthy and so much an integral part of everyone’s diet. It works as an appetiser too. Have a great week everyone. Till then healthy cooking, happy living!